Research has shown that students with a college savings account are much more likely to attend and graduate from college than students without a savings account.
Savings towards your child's future can start TODAY!
- Select the Savings Product that works for you! There are so many different ways to save for college. Visit our How to Save For College page to see some of the savings products available. Select the option that fits your needs, and get started right away!
- Make Savings a Habit! Your college savings will grow if you make consistent deposits into that account. Put reminders on your phone or calendar and make sure you make a deposit each month. The amount doesn't matter as much as making savings a monthly habit.
Tips and Tools for Saving
**RAISE Texas does not endorse or recommend any specific products, tips, processes or services.
- RAISE Texas: SAVING FOR COLLEGE: THE WHY, WHEN, AND HOW
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas: Building Wealth
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Start saving today with our new savings booklet and email boot camp
- Bank of America: 8 simple ways to save money
- National Endowment for Financial Education: Your Spending, Your Savings, Your Future: A Beginner's Guide to Financial Readiness
- The Financial Clinic: A Guide to 529 College Savings Accounts!
- NerdWallet: 10 Ways to Trick Yourself into Saving Money